Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Decorated for the Holidays


On Sunday, the day after the snow and the day before the torrential rain, I slogged through the dreary rain on my usual round of Sunday errands: the library, the QFC on Broadway (for their fabulous bacon and croissants), the dog food store (Mud Bay), Rite-Aid (for bubble bath). Alas, the Farmer's Market is over for the year so that's no longer part of my round. The last stop is always the garden and I was surprised to see that someone had twined a garland of cedar branches along the metal fence. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I like it that the garden has that festive touch but putting a garland on a garden fence seems a bit like bringing coals to Newcastle. In the picture, those yellow spots on the plant to the left are roses, still on the rose bush.
Contributed by Waverly Fitzgerald

No comments: